Amazon just announced a new Echo Plus speaker, in addition to a second-generation Echo and Echo Connect speaker phone. The Echo Plus doubles as a smart home hub, one that connects to various wireless protocols to set up and control connected home gadgets and appliances. Buy it here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Introducing-Echo-Plus-built-Philips/dp/B075RLRGB5
- Echo Plus connects to Alexa-a cloud-based voice service-to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check traffic and weather, and more. Plus, with the built-in hub you can directly set up and control compatible smart home devices.
- Alexa can control smart lights, thermostats, switches, door locks and more. Directly set up compatible devices from Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Hive and others without the need for a separate hub. Just ask Alexa to discover your connected devices.
- Just ask for a song, artist or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on Echo devices in different rooms, available for Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify (coming soon); Bluetooth not supported. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefings and more.
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Improved speakers with Dolby processing deliver crisp vocals and extended bass to fill the room with immersive, 360° audio.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo Plus hears you from any direction-even while music is playing.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control compatible smart devices, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
What CNET Expert Say about New Amazon Echo Plus
It looks just like the original Amazon Echo, but the new $150 Echo Plus promises better sound quality and built-in Zigbee smarts.
Thoughts of The Verge about New Amazon Echo Plus
Amazon just announced a new Echo Plus speaker, in addition to a second-generation Echo and Echo Connect speaker phone. The Echo Plus doubles as a smart home hub, one that connects to various wireless protocols to set up and control connected home gadgets and appliances.